[rrd-users] Watermark?

phill.glasson at ap.effem.com phill.glasson at ap.effem.com
Wed Sep 17 00:12:02 MEST 2003

Hi People,
        I'd like to put a watermark across the face of my graphs. My
graphs are used by all and sundry across the globe and it causes some
consternation for newbies to see times which are in advance of their own
timezone, or show the possibility that the data collection mechanism has
stopped ie the latest datapoint could seem to be 12 hours old.

Rather than do some weirdo stuff in the browser and cgi to set the TZ
variable prior to generating the graphs, I thought a simpler method would
be to use the "- - background" option to show that the graph was generated
in a particular timezone.

So the question becomes - "How do I splat the words 'TIMESTAMPS ARE UTC'
as a watermark style background to graphs of 595x222 size?"

Regards,
Phill Glasson
Processing Manager - Asia-Pac
e phill.glasson at ap.effem.com