[rrd-users] Re: Update rrd from Web page form

Paul Smith paul at foundryzero.com
Mon Sep 22 16:26:43 MEST 2003

Hi Kevin,
	RRDTool comes with a Perl module that you can use to write a script
that takes web form data and does an rrdtool update. Take a look at the
tutorial on the RRDTool site at
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/tutorial/
rrdbeginners.html At the very bottom is an example Perl script.
	Since you're going to be updating your RRD's manually, be sure you
understand what RRDTool does when updates don't fall on regular
intervals... some interpolation happens you should be aware of. Check
out the section called Data Resampling at
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/tutorial/
rrdtutorial.html

--P

On Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 06:17 PM, Kevin Plew wrote:

> I'm trying to create a web form that will update an rrd db. The idea
> is to
> record snowfall amounts manually. Does anyone have an example I could
> start from? I'm thinking the way to go would be a perl script that
> would
> take the parameters from the form.
>

> Thanks
>
> Kevin Plew