[rrd-users] Re: inserting older data in rrd after new ones written

Stephan Harren sh at abovenet.de
Thu Apr 1 14:09:56 MEST 2004

Hi All,

Due to the fact, that these are round robin databases, which are fed by
values that are calculated while inserting, I don't see an easy way to
do this.

What I do is, before inserting data into rrd, insert the data into a
common database, so if I need to do something like this, I can
regenerate the whole rrd from this database including the former missing
values (might be nothing for everyday use).

If there are any other possibilities, I'd really be interested in.

HTH,

Stephan

--
Stephan Harren