[rrd-users] R: Removing peaks - wrong graphs.... Help pls

Simone Felici - Alpikom Spa s.felici at alpikom.it
Wed Apr 7 16:16:45 MEST 2004

Hi again!
In additional to the steps I've written in the previous mail, I've found a
strange thing!

After tune, update with max limits, dump and restore with --range-check
option (to delete the peaks), If I use a time-period a little shorter to
create the graph, then I can see the right graph instead of the strange
AVERAGE peak (on the same time-place).
I've created the file with these parameters:

RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:2016
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:1500
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:144:3650

It means that I've a wrong graph if I create the graph using a time-period
which need the SECOND RRA.
If I use a shorter time-period and rrdtool need only the vaules from the
first RRA, then the graph is correct.

wrong-graph.png and right-graph.png are generated from the same rrd file.
The only difference is a different time-period, but ONLY FEW SECONDS
different...

It seemd that after tune with limits, the restore with --range-check option
has corrected only on the first RRA:AVERAGE values.... Possible?

Maybe a BUG?

Please help! ;)

:(

Simon