[rrd-users] Problem installing 1.0.47 on FreeBSD

Bill Z. bgk at hotunix.com
Sat Apr 10 21:42:55 MEST 2004

I am having a little problem installing it on FreeBSD (4.9R) from the
ports tree.

Unlike 1.0.45, which I installed on both 4.9R and 4.7R with NO sweat,
1.0.47 added a PNG_LINK -lpng in its Makefile, and my 'make' stops as
follows:

cc -o blib/arch/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so  -Wl,-E -shared -lperl -lm RRDs.o
-L../src/.libs/ -lrrd_private -lpng -lz -lm
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lpng
*** Error code 1

Googling indicates similar errors were caused by missing libpng-devel
(for linux).  I wondered if that's what I needed (I do have linux
compatibility enabled and linux_devtools installed).

Thanks,    -Bill