[rrd-users] Bug in RRD tool restore for X86

Adrienne Kotzé adrienne.kotze at sintrex.com
Wed Apr 21 16:06:13 MEST 2004

Hi there guys,

I've noticed the following bug using the X86 distribution of RRDTool
Ver 1.0.40

Problem experienced :
================

Completing these steps I'm observing the following behaviour /problem:

1) dump an existing rrd database (abc.rrd) to xml (abc.xml)
2) restore abc.xml to create new rrd database (test.rrd)
3) dump test.rrd to xml (test.xml)
4) Comparing abc.xml to test.xml, shows that the files are different
sizes ! Opening the file contents shows differences in the data.

Testing this on linux with build 1.0.33 it works as expected

Has anyone seen this before ?

Any comment will be welcome, thanx.

-K.
--