[rrd-users] Re: gprint

Steil, Taylor tsteil at soe.sony.com
Wed Aug 11 04:48:23 MEST 2004

He did answer your question. You need to use a CDEF and physically
change your data that you are printing / graphing, instead of just
trying to use gprint to only change its format.

Example:

CDEF:newvalue=oldvalue,0,GT,oldvalue,1,LT,*,1,oldvalue,IF

If oldvalue = .5
.5 is > 0, so that returns 1
.5 is < 1, so that also returns 1
1*1 = 1
now we are comparing 1, it is not 0 so it returns 1

if oldvalue = 2
2 is > 0, so that returns 1
2 is not < 1, so that returns 0
1*0 = 0
now we are comparing 0, it is 0 so it returns oldvalue (2)

That is how you would do the RPN for what you want. I almost regret
sending this email because it is really something you should have
figured out for yourself =)

-taylor