[rrd-users] Re: MAX doesn't work as expected: peaks are filtered

Cristian Ghezzi rrd-users01 at ghezzi.net
Mon Aug 16 10:40:47 MEST 2004

Thank you for your prompt answer and sorry for sounding so negative.
I actually like rrdtool and I'm using it in my work.
Still I find it counter-intuitive sometimes, as shown in my example.
I would expect rrdtool to gather different kinds of PDPs to be used by
different kinds of CFs, so that I could have one database with 2 RRAs,
one of them using AVERAGE and the other one using MAX, with a step of
300, and everything working properly because one PDP would hold the
average value to be fed to the first RRA, while the other PDP would hold
the maximum value to be fed to the second RRA.
Using "--step 1" would not be the best solution, but just a hack.

Regards

Cristian

P.S. I've put the nice words on top this time :-)