[rrd-users] Re: Disk space usage when using RRDTool

DJ Gregor dj at gregor.com
Tue Aug 17 07:35:17 MEST 2004

On Aug 11, 2004, at 3:18 PM, Eldor Rødseth (SystemSoft AS) wrote:
> ... The presentation by means
> of graph(s) must be done by Java applets, hence I believe that
> "rrdtool graph ..." will not be used by us.

I have some Java code to abstract interaction with rrdtool, along with
a few implementations for interacting with it over pipes.  I've found
it to be pretty reliable under Linux, Mac OS X, and Solaris.  If you
are using servlets and/or JSP, I also have a servlet that makes
graphing very easy (without ever storing files on disk, unless you want
to), as well as a JSP tag library that makes graphing even easier.

The code is part of my MailPing project:

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/mailping/

You can check out the RRD Java interface from CVS as the "rrd" module,
and the servlet and JSP tag library (which is based on the RRD Java
interface) as the "taglibs/rrd" module.  The documentation is so-so,
but I'm very happy to answer questions and help with any bugs that you
may find.

	- djg