[rrd-users] Re: resize question

Robin Elfrink elfrink at introweb.nl
Fri Dec 10 13:50:14 MET 2004

Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

>>>Ten to one that you are not specifying start and end times.
>>
>>I am. I want to see data for a year, or two months.
>

> Please show the command you are using to create the images.

I would have to look that up. Cricket does it for me.

So before the resize I have an rrd file that has on year of data at 30
minutes average, and 40 days or so at 5 minutes average.

After the rrdtool resize GROW the 5 minute average RRD has room for one
year of data, but only the last 40 days are filled in. And when
graphing, this is the RRA that is being used. And that sounds logical to me.

So I want to copy all historical data from the 30 minute RRA to the 5
minute RRA, which now has room for that data, so the 'year' graph
doesn't look empty. It will look like sh*t, but at least it's not empty.

I'll write a script to fill in the gap.  I have a problem explaining my
problem, I think :)

Robin