[rrd-users] Data not included in the graph (only 1 of my graphs)

ogjunk-rrd at yahoo.com ogjunk-rrd at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 02:14:47 MET 2004

Hello,

I'm using RRD 1.0.49.

I've set up RRD databases for 5 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, and 1
month intervals this past week.  I understand that not enough time has
passed, some of these graphs (e.g. monthly or weekly) will not be
generated yet.

However, I'm having issues with the '1 day' graph.  The image file is
generated, but the data is not plotted on it.  The data is getting
plotted correctly for 5 minute and 1 hour graphs.

Here is an example of my setup for graphing the machine load:

CREATE:

$RRD create $DIR/load.rrd --start N --step 300 \
        DS:load:GAUGE:600:0:U \
        RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:720 \
        RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:30:720 \
        RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:180:720

UPDATE:

LOAD=`cat /proc/loadavg | awk '{print $1}' | sed 's/ //'`
$RRD update $DIR/load.rrd -t load N:$LOAD

GRAPH (1 day graph only):

$RRD graph $IMAGE_OUTPUT_DIR/load-day.png --step 86400 --imgformat PNG
\
     --width 720 --height 150 -t "Load average" \
        DEF:load=$RRD_FILE_DIR/load.rrd:load:AVERAGE \
        GPRINT:load:LAST:%2.1lf \
        GPRINT:load:AVERAGE:%2.1lf \
        GPRINT:load:MAX:%2.1lf \
        VRULE:1102568400#ff0000 \
        VRULE:1102654900#ff0000 \
        LINE2:load#0000cc:"load average"

Am I doing something wrong?  Again, my 5 minute and 1 hour graphs are
correct.  It has been several days since I started collecting data, so
the 1 day graph should contain some, but it does not. :(

I graph other type of data, not just load, and I have the same problem
with all of them - 1 day graph is empty.  I must be doing something
wrong, but can't see what it is.

Thanks,
Otis