[rrd-users] Graphing of small numbers

James Kingston james.kingston at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 20:21:40 MET 2004

For some of our graphs we have gone from storing the average ping time
in milliseconds to seconds, so that the units on the units on the
graph are displayed correctly (no more kms when ping time > 1000
milliseconds or mms when ping time < 1 millisecond)

But whereas we were once graphing numbers that were usually between 5
and 200, we are now graphing numbers that are usually between .005 and
.200, and the graph is now a solid line along the bottom as a result.

Does rrd_graph support small numbers or am I calling it incorrectly?

Here is a sample set of params I might call it with:

/var/www/html/perf/router-200_lat-custom.png
-s
-39766
-e
-476
-a
PNG
-w
400
-h
100
-v
Round Trip secs
-o
-c
MGRID#000000
-c
GRID#D0D0D0
-t
Round-trip Latency for router-200 (10.1.11.200)
COMMENT: Reference Time: 2004-12-17 @ 10:54:50\c
COMMENT:\s
DEF:in=/perf/data/ROUTER-200/router-200_lat.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
AREA:in#00CC00:Round Trip time\l
DEF:max=/perf/data/ROUTER-200/router-200_lat.rrd:ds0:MAX
GPRINT:max:MAX: Maximal Round Trip time %8.3lf %ss
GPRINT:in:AVERAGE: Average Round Trip time %8.3lf %ss
GPRINT:in:LAST: Current Round Trip time %8.3lf %ss