[rrd-users] rrd-monitor switch

Scott Kee SKee at cmsstl.com
Tue Dec 28 16:37:17 MET 2004

Hi,
I've successfully installed and tested RRD with my routers and it seems
graphing works faster than mrtg.  I love it....

Now I have to come up with something that will monitor my Switches.... I
have 5 Cisco 4006 switches and several 6500 core switches.

Unlike routers, I have active switch ports close to a thousand.  I'm
sure I can graph those ports but there will be too many graphs to
review.  It will take me all day.

And also checking switch port status from CLI is not an option.  I want
to see each port counters in the table and if it exceeds more than 50
percent, paint the Table Cell in red or something...  I'm using fedora
core 2 and do not any programming experience.

Below URL is good example of what I'm trying to accomplish.

http://www.net.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/mrtg.active/ss24-692.bps?interval=8
6400

Does anyone know how do I accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Thanks,