[rrd-users] Re: Data acquisition for an RRD to store mail flow rates.

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Tue Feb 3 00:40:02 MET 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
>
> > you might want to look at david schweikerts mailgraph for
> > inspiration
> >
> > http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~dws/software/mailgraph/
>
> Did someone modify it for sendmail?
>
> It does get my MailScanner/SpamAssassin lines but seems to miss the rgular
> traffic.

It gave it a shot with adding:

        elsif($prog eq 'sendmail') {
                if($text =~ /mailer=local/ ) {
                        event($time, 'received');
                }
                if($text =~ /mailer=relay/ ) {
                        event($time, 'sent');
                }
                if($text =~ /reject=/ ) {
                        event($time, 'rejected');
                }
        }

However I am not sure about the definitions of the events bounced and
received.

I think it means:
rejected:	I did not like the message and told the sending server to
		take a hike and keep the message.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.