[rrd-users] Wanting an error instead of an "empty" graph

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 20 06:56:19 MET 2004

Hi, all ...
I have an CGI script that allows a client to select a time span (like
"last day", "last week", etc.), and then generates a graph from an RRD
for that span.

I've noticed that if the RRD does not contain any data for the span
requested, a graph will still be generated, but with no data (of
course.)

I'm wondering if it is somehow possible to have RRDs::graph NOT create
a graph, but instead, set RRDs::error with something like "no data
available for the span requested."

I could do an RRDs::last on each RRD and check to see if it falls
within the span, but I'd rather not have to do the extra operation if I
can avoid it.

Thanks,
	-s-

--