[rrd-users] Re: Decimal numbers again.

Chan Chi Hung chihung at mc-3.org
Tue Feb 24 11:04:40 MET 2004

Yes, RRD is good in storing data without the worry of file size. Also,
the graphing capability is excellent. In fact, you don't have to worry
about how RRD store your information as long as your RRA are well
defined. The difference in the decimal will not shown up in the plot anyway.

If you do need to have the accuracy, try gnuplot
http://www.gnuplot.info/. You can set the 'set xdata time' to time base.

My preference will be to use gnuplot for short duration data collection
project, whereas RRD for storing and monitoring long-term data.

--

CHAN CHI HUNG
Managed Computing Competency Centre