[rrd-users] Re: My firs rrd - please help :)

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Fri Feb 27 10:38:03 MET 2004

> 1 - 500. I would like the graph to have values ranging from 1 - 500 on
> the vertical axis. And the have a 24 hour period represented by the
> horizontal axis. I am still pretty confused as how to do this. Here is
> what Im trying....
>
> rrdtool create test.rrd   \
> --start 1077819500        \
> DS:speed:ABSOLUTE:300:U:U \
> RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:24

1. your heartbeat is set to 300, as is your step size. You probably
don't want that.
2. Why do you use absolute? You probably want to use gauge.
3. 24 samples of 300 seconds does not make 24 hours.
4. --lower-limit, --upper-limit and --rigid will help you to fix your
y-axis.
5. your numbers will get interpolated unless $date div 300 == 0. May not
be a problem, as long as you know.

Serge.