[rrd-users] Re: My firs rrd - please help :)

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Sat Feb 28 13:23:41 MET 2004

> > 5. your numbers will get interpolated unless $date div 300 == 0.

> about #5 from above... could you please elaborate on that. Is
> that why i dont see an exact representaion of the data i
> input into my rrd.

Very probably, differences can occur due to this or due to to aliasing.
E.g. I you try to plot 400 datapoints from your RRA over a 300 pixels
Wide graph, then some datapoints have to be averaged over 2 points.

If you update once every minutes and have a MAX RRA with 1 pdp_per_cdp,
Then your MAX RRA will show the numbers as you have INPUT them. ( for
time spans that fall within the RRA with one pdp_per_cdp that is..).
The AVERAGE RRA has interpolated values, unless you did update on
Timestamps that are a whole number time 300 seconds since 1-1-1970
00:00:00.

Serge.