[rrd-users] Re: RRDtool lying about data values

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Jan 2 14:54:30 MET 2004

If MRTG is used to create the RRD initially, it will create the
RRAs with 5 minute resolution, no matter what you put in the
interval option.

I know this style response drive Alex crazy, but I'm going with
the flow here...

Paul

>>> <jon.hartman at verizon.com> 01/01/04 02:16AM >>>
I appreciate the quick response, but I don't believe that to be inline
with what I've read. As I understand it, the MRTG 5 minute limitation only
applies if one is using MRTG to store the data. I've heard that once you
apply the logformat command, you can set it as low as one minute.

Can anyone corroborate this and if so, what would be the cause of the
inconsistency?

Thanks again for the help,

-Jon Hartman