[rrd-users] Re: cuting peaks ?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Jan 8 18:59:51 MET 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Erik de Mare wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
> >So if my CPU graphs shows a glitch into the MEGA %s I could reduce it
> >with:
> >
> >        CDEF:rawuser=cpurawuser,100,GT,nan,IF
> >
> or you can use LIMIT
> *
> LIMIT*
>
>     replaces the value with /*UNKNOWN*/ if it is outside the limits
>     specified by the two values above it on the stack.
>
>  CDEF:a=alpha,0,100,LIMIT

It does not kill spikes. It will reduce them just to the maximum allowed.
But it still should not exist at all and should therefor be eliminated
alltogether from the graphs.

I tried both ways but found that with the limit  option the graphs are
still inaccurate as they show spikes where there weren't.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.