[rrd-users] Fixed Y axis range

Spencer Anderson sanderson at clearnorthtech.com
Tue Jan 13 19:32:11 MET 2004

I have a script that puts either 0 or 100 into my rrd.  I would like my
graphs (using AREA and a small enough time frame so there is no
averaging of the data) to show the full range of 0-100, but nothing
else.  So if the value is 0 nothing should show up, if the value is 100
the entire graph is filled.  Currently, I am getting a graph with a
range of 99 to 101 (I haven't recorded any 0's yet) with 100 right in
the middle so my AREA graph is filling up the lower part of the graph.
With my current set of data, I would like the entire graph to be blue.
Any ideas?  Here is my call to rrdtool.

rrdtool graph graph.png -r --upper-limit 100 --units-exponent 0 -a PNG
DEF:avail=/data/device1.rrd:availability:AVERAGE AREA:ave#0000FF

Thanks,
Spencer