[rrd-users] fetching MAX values for a timeslice

Brian Lube blube at mail.fdn.com
Fri Jan 16 17:24:09 MET 2004

I'm currently using a MRTG to gather statistics on my network, and I've run
into a snag attempting to get a very specific subset of that data.

I'm making a report to see the 1 week and 1 month maximums on about 128
different links in my network.  Instead of having 14all.cgi attempt to
create all these graphs just to write down the maximal values, I know that I
can just do the rrdtool fetch command to get the MAX value for each of these
circuits during the last week and month, problem is I'm completely lost as
to how to make sure I'm selecting the correct RRA, and then from there how
when I'm in that RRA how I can get the last entry in it for it's values.

Hopefully I've made enough sense at this point, I've been bashing my head up
against this all day and starting to see pink elephants flying around the
room ;)

Thanks for any assistance.

--bl