[rrd-users] Re: Graph without values......newbie needs help please

Thorsten Volkmer-Wolf Thorsten.Volkmer-Wolf at aerotec.de
Mon Jan 19 09:23:35 MET 2004

Hi,

thanks Pavouk for your suggestions. Unfortunately they didn't help. There must be something really obvious i'm overlooking....

Has anyone found an obvious error in my posted script?

Thanks in advance,

	Thorsten

++
Dipl.-Ing.
Thorsten Volkmer-Wolf
IT-Support & Services

AEROTEC Engineering GmbH
Hein-Saß-Weg 38
21129 Hamburg / Germany

fon +49 (0)40/742 198-241
fax +49 (0)40/742 198-111

<http://www.aerotec.de>

Hello,

> # now create the graph
> rrdtool graph ${PIC1} --start ${STARTGRAPH} --end ${NOWTIME}
> --vertical-label "Temperatur [°C]" \ DEF:mytmp=${DBASE}:temp:LAST
> LINE2:mytmp:#FF0000:Uhrzeit --title "Temperatur USV svr_01" \

you can try to add these options, when you creating graph:

--units-exponent 0
Disable K, M on label...

--lower-limit 0
0 will be always visible in left-down corner.

--alt-autoscale-max
Autoscale Y axis

--alt-y-grid
Alternative grid computing.
You can try --alt-y-mrtg too.

Behavior of some combinations is not correct, but you can find
functional combination for you. For example displaying of Zero
is different with other options. This is maybe changed in last
version, but I don't test it.

Pavouk