[rrd-users] duplicate variable error message

Håkan Lindholm hakan at staff.spray.se
Thu Jan 29 10:57:00 MET 2004

I have a problem that even Google couldn't solve :(

We run Big Brother with the LARRD package. When adding a new set of graphs, another set stop working..  And reverting to the old version didn't help, that's why I would like to understand this error message in more detail. I have found the rrdtool code that prints out the message. But I'm not a programmer, so now I ask for your help to explain it further, or give some examples.

larrd-grapher.cgi: duplicate variable 'qrate' at /app/apache/cgi-bin/larrd-grapher.cgi line 1503.

Line 1503 is simply "die $RRDerr if $RRDerr;"

>From rrdtool-1.0.41/src/rrd_xport.c:

	    /* checking for duplicate DEF CDEFS */
	    if(find_var(&im,im.gdes[im.gdes_c-1].vname) != -1){
		im_free(&im);
		rrd_set_error("duplicate variable '%s'",
			      im.gdes[im.gdes_c-1].vname);
		return -1;
	    }

What I's searching for is some example rrdtool command line that would trigger this.

Thanks in advance,

/Hakan

--
    Senior Network Engineer  @  SPRAY NETWORK SERVICES AB
      System, Network and Security Architecture and Admin