[rrd-users] Re: Color working hours

Van den Bossche Eric E.VDB at sherwineu.com
Thu Jan 29 12:56:36 MET 2004

Fantastic,

the 0 to UNKN did it

Bedankt Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex van den Bogaerdt [mailto:alex at ergens.op.het.net]
Sent: Thursday, 29 January, 2004 12:33
To: RRDTOOL (E-mail)
Subject: [rrd-users] Re: Color working hours

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 11:49:42AM +0100, Van den Bossche Eric wrote:
> Ok,
>
> i found a sample and modified it a bit.
>
> CDEF:wdtest=in,POP,TIME,3600,/," & strTimezone &
> ",+,DUP,24,/,7,%,DUP,4,LT,EXC,2,GE,+,2,LT,EXC,24,%,DUP," & strWDstart &
> ",GE,EXC," & strWDend & ",LT,+,2,EQ,1,0,IF,0,IF
>
> CDEF:wd=wdtest,INF,0,IF AREA:wd" & strWDcolor

Print the CDEF commands and the AREA command to a file, so that we can
see the input for RRDtool.

In general: starting with a simple command, extending it when everything
works as expected, is much more simple to understand and debug.

You are using TIME and Timezone together.  This looks a good candidate
for using LTIME.

You are using wdtest to generate wd.  First make sure you do not use
wdtest for anything else (during debugging).  Also, try chainging the
zero in the 2nd CDEF to UNKN.

The AREA statement is looking OK.

Yes!
Do you think this should stop?
Because it is not in the normal reading order!
Why is top-posting bad?

HTH
Alex