[rrd-users] Re: Counter reset to zero question

Jack Tavares j.tavares at F5.com
Thu Jul 1 23:20:27 MEST 2004

Hmm. when you say you shut off the machine every night,
which machine? the machine generating the data or the
machine collecting the stats? or is it the same machine?

in my case, the stats collection continue, even when the
stats are reset to zero, so the numbers will go from, say
7800
0
100
200
400
etc, without out any UNKNOWNs.

if you stop collecting the stats, then the data for the intervening
time period will be UNKNOWN, iirc. This would be a different case,
as far as I can tell.