[rrd-users] Re: Retreiving data from rrd

M. Possamai possamai at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 7 18:17:21 MEST 2004

At 05:22 7-7-2004, Lozovsky, Daniel wrote:

>I need some help in how to extract data from rrdtool.  Here is what I
>need:
>
>1. My rrd has multiple ds values.  I need to select a particular ds
>value and extract its values for any week broken down by 5 minutes.
>
>2. I also need the data to be normalized.  Meaning, that the data and
>time not be in epoch.
>
>Could you give me some advice?  I tried using fetch command but the time
>comes in as epoch and I do not know how to select a particular ds value.

I seriously doubt that rrdtool can give you the time in another format.
Though you can always adjust the outcome by yourself I think..
just pull the outcome of the time through some calculation and you have the
time as you would like it..
There are probably some default conversion commands in perl.. though I'm
not a 100 percent sure of that