[rrd-users] 2 Newbie Questions, Summing up and making nice Legends

Philip Lawatsch philip at lawatsch.at
Thu Jul 15 11:36:02 MEST 2004

Hi,

I've got two questions:

First, whats the correct way to calculate a "total" sum of a graph?
For instance I'm plotting network traffic and what I want to display is
basically the average * the time displayed in the Graph. However this is
wrong, really wrong, if the data contains unkown values since the
average cf only considers the values which are known. Is there a
consolidation function like TOTAL for a given amount of time?

Second, is there any way to do nice layouting in a graphs legend? I'd
like to have a matrix or table or whatever you call it with entries in
the legend. Currently I'm using comments and lots of blanks and stuff
like that to positioning of my elements but this does not look to good
either. (I'd need a 7x5 Matrix).

kind regards Philip