[rrd-users] Re: how to merge 2 rrd-files

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sat Jun 5 12:09:20 MEST 2004

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 02:00:41PM -0400, Eddy Beliveau wrote:

> I do have two different smtp servers which generate individual rrd-file representing emails received
>
> I would like to merge those two rrd-files on a single plot
> like the following:
> If server A said 12 messages at 12h05
> and server B said 14 messages at 12h05
> I would like to have a single rrd-file which said Total of 26 messages at 12h05
>
> Can it be done ?
> I tried to merge two rrd-files into a single one without success ?

AFAIK there is no "rrdtool merge" command.  There may be some
external command that does this, I don't know.

Question: _Why_ would you want to merge?

When graphing, why not add rates from the two rrd files and plot
on a single graph?

Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If