[rrd-users] Re: Y Axis Label Precision Question

Steve Robb Steve_Robb at cnt.com
Thu Jun 17 06:23:29 MEST 2004

Alex,

Valid point - however (and I admit I didn't include the entire 'rrdtool
graph' statement), the rate that the files are being retrieved is in the
range of 10 - 15 files per hour and the graph that I'm generating is an
hourly rate so the number of files that I download per hour is still an
integer.

I'm accumulating statistics every 5 minutes but graphing the data as
though it was an hourly rate. Is there a better way to do this? (Like
accumulate statistics every hour?)

Here's the complete statement I use to generate the graph:

$RRD_BINPATH/rrdtool graph $IMAGE_PATH/tftpstats_daily.png \
        --vertical-label "Files Retrieved per Hour" \
        --title "Hourly TFTP System Statistics" \
        --units-exponent 0 \
        --start -93600 \
        --end -300 \
        --width 695 \
        --height 292 \
        --step 3600 \
        --lower-limit 0 \
        --imgformat PNG \
        --color BACK#EEF1E0 \
        --color SHADEA#EEF1E0 \
        --color SHADEB#EEF1E0 \
        --color ARROW#000000 \
        --no-minor \
        DEF:tftp=$STATS_PATH/tftpstats.rrd:tftp:AVERAGE \
        CDEF:hourly_tftp=tftp,3600,* \
        AREA:hourly_tftp#000000:"TFTP \n" \
        COMMENT:"Last updated: $(date)\r"

Regards,