[rrd-users] Re: Does Perl RRDs not support all graph parameters?

Dan.Byers at magma.ca Dan.Byers at magma.ca
Thu Jun 17 00:31:42 MEST 2004

there is identical support between the perl modules and binaries (the perl
modules are just interfaces to the binaries).
try changing

--units-exponent 2

"--units-exponent", 2

as you are building your list of parameters.  they have to be separate as
they are passed into the module

if it still doesn't work, verify the spelling of your argument with the
ones listed in the docs

Dan Byers
Magma Communications
t: 613-228-3565, ext. 6326
f: 613-225-5412
http://www.magma.ca

Josef Ender <modperl at gmx.net>
Sent by: rrd-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch
16/06/2004 06:26 PM

rrd-users at list.ee.ethz.ch
cc

Subject
[rrd-users] Does Perl RRDs not support all graph parameters?

Hi All

I'm using RRDs shared module in perl. Everithing worked fine until I
tried to customize the graphs.
It looks like some parameters are'nt supported in perls RRDs module.
I get the following error:
ERROR while creating graph: unknown option '--units-exponent 2'

if I use --units-exponent 2 or --units-length 2 and also with some other
parameters.

RRDs Version is 1.000481 (AFAIK the most recent...?)

Do I have to use RRD Pipes or is there another way to use
--units-exponent in perl?

Many thanks for your help

regards,

Josef Ender