[rrd-users] Re: rrdgraph using mysql

Felipe Piccirilo piccirilo at gruponet.com.br
Mon Mar 1 13:07:09 MET 2004

Thanks Alex, but for sure, I *KNOW* it as musch as I know that i'm terrible in english. :)

What I was trying to ask is if this modifications, that I copied below, this is like create a rrd-database file in mysql.

Somewhere I can find more about using mysql as source database instead the cyclical rrd database?

For me, and in some applications, there's some cases that I could use mysql as source to calculate and display time-series data.

Maybe Mr. Greg tell something about it, can't you Mr. Greg?

Sorry about any mistakes in english.

best regards,

Felipe Piccirilo.

------------------- Copied mail from rrd-developers list -------------------------------
> To: rrd-developers at list.ee.ethz.ch, oetiker{at}ee{dot}ethz{dot}ch
> Subject: [rrd-developers] Patch to enable MySQL data access for rrd_graph
> From: Greg Bailey <gbailey{at}lxpro{dot}com>
> Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 23:11:36 -0600

> Hello all,
> Attached is a patch to rrdtool 1.0.42 to allow specifying a MySQL
> database as a datasource for the rrd_fetch and rrd_graph commands.  This
> is my first attempt at making modifications to rrdtool, although I'm a
> long-time user.

> This patch modifies rrdtool by supplying a "rrd-mysql" directory in the
> contrib directory.  I assume that most people won't to build MySQL
> support into rrdtool by default, so I don't modify Makefiles, etc.  If
> and when this patch is accepted for the next release of rrdtool, the end
> user who wants to try this functionality can patch the rrdtool source
> with the "rrd-mysql.patch" patch file that is supplied in the above
> mentioned contrib/rrd-mysql directory.

> Sorry for the confusion involved with having a patch within a patch; but
> to summarize:  the attached file is for the rrdtool maintainers.  Of the
> newly created files, one of them is another patch that would be used by
> the end-user to actually add MySQL access to rrdtool.

> I would welcome any feedback, criticism, suggestions, etc.
> Thanks-
> Greg Bailey
------------------- End of copied mail from rrd-developers list -------------------------------