[rrd-users] Re: Transfer data from RRD to MySQL?

Stephan Knabe sknabe at ifh.de
Tue Mar 2 12:53:26 MET 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, LEUNG Wing Yee wrote:

> RRDTool is running on my server for storing its performance data from Nagios.
> I am now planning to make a copy of those data into a MySQL database.
> What do you think is the solution?

Think about what you want to do. Do you want to use rrd OR mysql. Using
both for the same thing does not make sense to me.

Maybe it's an idea to calculate interesting values (i.e. average, max, min
and their timstamps) and store only these in mySQL. In that case you can
build some scripts (i.e. perl or shell), using rrd-commands which will do
this for you.

regards

Stephan Knabe