[rrd-users] TOTAL CF or determine step

Bart Duchesne bd at able.be
Wed Mar 10 18:08:25 MET 2004

Hi all,

I'm lost....

I have an RRD that has a  ABSOLUTE DS ; a count of passed mails through
my mailserver (updated every 5 minutes).

I have defined a few AVERAGE RRA's to store values for
day,week,month,year views (step=3 so 15 minutes averages).

What I want to graph is the number of mails that passed at a certain
time; NOT the rate/s or rate/hour that mail are going out.

Therefore I understood that I should multiply the data I get with the
step between the samples, as there is no TOTAL CF anymore; which in my
opinion is really the only correct CF to use here; that way the totals
would be exact ; not estimated.

Why is the TOTAL CF eliminated ?

How can I determine or get the step in a CDEF that rrd is using to draw
my graph ?

The only thing I specify is --start --end with the correct timestamps to
draw a day,week,month,year graph.

thanks,

Bart

--
aXs GUARD has completed security and anti-virus checks on this e-mail
(http://www.axsguard.com)