[rrd-users] MRTG & CPU usage above 100

O'Neill, Donald (US - Deerfield) dooneill at deloitte.com
Fri Mar 12 17:02:23 MET 2004

I have MRTG polling 13 dual/qaud processor servers running Red Hat AS
2.1. Each mrtg.config is exactly the same for each server but one DL380
is reporting CPU usage above 100% (161%) to be exact. Each server is
using the same ucd-snmp & hp-agents.. Anyone experience this ? My config
file looks like this..

Target[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]:ssCpuRawUser.0&ssCpuRawUser.0:public at dt3dfvmwar
e2 + ssCpuRawSystem.0&ssCpuRawSystem.0:publicdt3dfvmware2 +
ssCpuRawNice.0&ssCpuRawNice.0:public at dt3dfvmware2

Options[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: nopercent,growright

Title[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: CPU Utilization

PageTop[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: <center> <h1>CPU
Utilization</h1></center><center>

MaxBytes[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: 100

ShortLegend[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: %

Unscaled[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: y

Legend1[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: Active CPU in % (Load)

Legend2[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]:

Legend3[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]:

Legend4[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]:

LegendI[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: Active

LegendO[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]:

YLegend[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: CPU Utilization

RouterUptime[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: public at dt3dfvmware2

Colours[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: Orange#FF8000,Orange#ff8000,DARK
GREEN#ff8000,VIOLET#FF00FF

Background[cpu-dt3dfvmware2]: #ffff99

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.  Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.