[rrd-users] Re: RPN Tutorial with logical operators (AND/OR)?

Laurent LEVIER llevier at argosnet.com
Sun May 2 17:26:41 MEST 2004

At 17:14 02/05/2004, Arnold Nipper wrote:
>I guess you should really read
>http://www.rrdtool.com/tutorial/rpntutorial.html with more care.

I am sorry, but I found no useful information about my problem into the RPN
Tutorial.

I know * is the multiplication operator, but when you read this:
   "CDEF:C2=in,$L2,LT,in,$L1,GE,*,in,$L1,-,0,IF,in,$L2,GT,$L1,0,IF,+" \
I think the 1st algorithm is: IF in<L2 AND in>=L1 then C2=in-L1 else C2=0.

I dont understand what this * sign is doing here.

What algorithm do you yourself understand here?

Brgrds

Laurent LEVIER
Systems & Networks Security Expert, CISSP CISM