[rrd-users] Re: Migrating data from one RRA to another one

Gerhard Strangar g.s at arcor.de
Tue May 4 09:29:49 MEST 2004

Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> > update to insert the data. But how do a read from the RRA? I don't think
> > using rrdtool dump and applying sed to the XML file is a good idea.
> > Any suggestions?
> 1: why not?

It's quite a lot of work to get the XML file to raw data again.

> 2: use rrdtool fetch perhaps?

Okay, this could work. But I forgot something: I store MIN and MAX
values, too. But there's no way to tell rrdtool update to insert
AVERAGE, MIN and MAX.
But on the other hand, calculating AVERAGE, MIN and MAX myself isn't
much better, either. And I would have to create an XML file use
rrdrestore.

--
 * Origin: (2:2480/8057.2)