[rrd-users] Re: MRTG performance

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed May 12 10:20:25 MEST 2004

Today Pavel Ruzicka wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use MRTG for measuring about 150 routers and switches and about 7000
> targets. When some device is dead, I have holes in graphs.
> I have some optimizations - 20 forks, shorter SNMP timeouts, but this is not
> enough.
> It's possible to have some deadhost detection?

well mrtg does detect dead hosts, it sends only one request and
then disables th host until the next round ...

cheers
tobi
> I use "Includes" - one file, one router.
>
> It's possible to run MRTG independently on files?
> But with some precompilation or sharing code.
>
> I have MRTG 2.10.13, linux kernel 2.6.5, perl 5.8.0,
> two processors 2.4GHz Xeon, 3Gigabytes of ram.

> Best regards,
>
> Pavel Ruzicka
>
> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker   +41(0)44-632-5286