[rrd-users] Re: MRTG performance

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Wed May 12 22:38:40 MEST 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> Today Pavel Ruzicka wrote:
>
> > I use MRTG for measuring about 150 routers and switches and about 7000
> > targets. When some device is dead, I have holes in graphs.
> > I have some optimizations - 20 forks, shorter SNMP timeouts, but this is not
> > enough.
> > It's possible to have some deadhost detection?
>
> well mrtg does detect dead hosts, it sends only one request and
> then disables th host until the next round ...

Am I correct in assumeing this only applies if those 200 ports are listed
in a single config file for that node? So if you split this in 4 config
files of 50 ports you would have 1 timeout per config file.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.