[rrd-users] rrdtool >v1.0.45 SIGSEGFAULTing

fra.nospam.nk at gmx.de fra.nospam.nk at gmx.de
Sun May 23 11:45:15 MEST 2004

Hello all,

i'm using rrdtool in conjunction with BigBrother and the butter-1.0.6
extension to graph certain values. All graphs work, except one. This
particular drops out with a SIGSEGFAULT. I posted the problem to
the BB4-list - see below for the original post - and got the hint to use
the v1.0.45 of rrdtool. With this version the SIGSEGFAULT doesn't
appear. I had a look at the rrdtool CHANGES file and found:

- 2003/11/27 -- Ian Holsman
RRDs should not segfault on invalid graph input

Taken from this i get the impression, that the input to rrdtool is now
treated in a different way as opposed to previous versions. Can some-
one please point out to me whats wrong with the input (see sample
below) and how it can be fixed to use current versions?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Original post to the BB4-list:

Due to quoting quota please follow this link to the bb4 mailing list
archive to see the original post:
http://support.bb4.com/archive/200405/msg00319.html
Sorry for the inconvenience!