[rrd-users] Re: rrdcgi, who to get date/time onto the graphic

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sat May 29 12:03:17 MEST 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 09:28:02PM +0200, Micha Holzmann wrote:

> I want to have the date/time of creation stamped on the pic. After
> searches described above i do not found anything that works.
> I found one site on the web
> (http://dingetje.homeip.net/cgi/rrdtool/cgi-demo.cgi)
>
> which mention this (fragment):
>
> [ ... ]
>  --title "Graph in Localtime <RRD::TIME::NOW %c>"
> [ ... ]

For this to work, "<RRD::TIME::NOW %c>" will have to be parsed
and processed by the rrdtool cgi program.  Perhaps you are not
running it?  Another reason might be that somehow rrdcgi is not
recognizing the string (hidden characters perhaps?)

> I found a older memo from Tobi Oetiker which recommends to use the
> COMMENT tag within the RRD::GRAPH definition. But i was not able to get
> this work.

I don't think Tobi recommended to use COMMENT if you want a TITLE.

> If there is any ressource which directs me deeper into that matter
> just give me a link. I will dig into.

Perhaps you can start with an existing example, make sure this works
and then adapt it to do what you want.

HTH
Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If