[rrd-users] Re: Odd Situation

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Mon Nov 1 18:08:50 MET 2004

> Can I grab specific Data Sources (cpu_idl) from RRDs::fetch,
> or would I have to unload the RRD to a file and parse the
> file with a split or awk?

Yes you can, do a "man RRDs" on the command line of your server
to see what the fetch returns.

> also how can I combine multiple
> servers and apply the perl script to all of them at once?

You can put a "for each server" like loop around your fetch.
You can then use a hash to count the number of occasions a
server has 10-20%, 20-30% and so on.

If you define the logic of what you are trying to achieve,
your program will allmost have written itself.

serge.