[rrd-users] Re: Perl RRD graphing rounding error

James Kingston james.kingston at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 17:23:44 MET 2004

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 15:36:25 +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt
<alex at ergens.op.het.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 11:47:21PM -0800, James Kingston wrote:
>
> In your initial post:
>
> > ... at the polling intervals (5 minutes).
>
> In this post:
>
> 24 minutes is not a whole multiple of 5.  Perhaps you are miscalculating
> something somewhere?
>
> Perhaps you're mixing two different RRAs with different resolutions?

Yeah... I noticed that later.  We use 5 minute intervals for most of
our RRDs, but for some reason on the RRDs for this poller we use 60
seconds, then 360, then 1440, then 17280.  Despite the resolution of
60 seconds, we only update it every 5 minutes, which is how I got
confused.  I believe that at a small minority of our locations we
actually update it every 60 seconds.

James