[rrd-users] compiling rrdtool on Solaris 2.6

bob flynn bob.flynn at s3group.com
Wed Nov 10 10:03:19 MET 2004

Hi,

I am looking to get rrdtool installed on an old Solaris 2.6 box - which
for various reasons I cannot upgrade or move the service.

I checked http://www.sunfreeware.com/ to see if a package was already
built. - no was the answer :(

The box however was too small for gcc etc to be installed to compile up
rrdtool.

So I have done the following.

Installed Solaris 2.6 from scratch on another box.
Installed recommended cluster patches.
Installed the following packages from http://www.sunfreeware.com/
gcc-3-4-2-package-sol26-sparc-local
libiconv-1.8-package-sol26-sparc-local
make-3.80-package-sol26-sparc-local

I then downloaded  rrdtool-1.-.49 and untarred.

I  ran the following;

/opt/rrdtool-1.0.49/configure

this ran cleanly.

and then ran make. This failed at this point;

false cru .libs/librrd_cgi.a  cgi.o
make[2]: *** [librrd_cgi.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/rrdtool-1.0.49/cgilib-0.4'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/rrdtool-1.0.49'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can anyone shed any light on this.

Tks,

-Bob Flynn

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.