[rrd-users] Re: Bandwidth Area Graphic ......

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Sat Oct 9 21:08:54 MEST 2004

>  I want to know if it is possible to do this king of graphics
> (http://www.euskal-linux.org/xor_area.jpg) with rrdtool, i
> know that there is "area" option to graph areas but if i use
> two areas in the same graph one "occults" the other....

Yes it is.

You can't draw semi opaque area's (afaik), but I guess you can fake it.

- You draw the area "Out" (in green)
- You draw the area "In" in front of it (in orange)
- You draw the area "smallest of (In, Out)" in front of it (in an
orange-green mixed color)
- You draw the line "Out" in front of it
- You draw the line "In" in front of it

DEF:out=bla.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
DEF:in=bla.rrd:ds1:AVERAGE
CDEF:smallest=in,out,LE,in,out,IF
AREA:out#007700:"Out"
AREA:in#770000:"In"
AREA:smallest#00ff00
LINE1:out#003300
LINE1:out#330000

All done from head, so I may have made some mistakes.
It might just work though.

Serge.

P.s. the colorful background can be done too, just draw some area's in
front of each other, each with a different color blue.