[rrd-users] Re: Convert Windows rrd file to nix

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Oct 14 22:39:17 MEST 2004

----Original Message----
From: rrd-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch
[mailto:rrd-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Rob Dover Sent:
Thursday, October 14, 2004 3:13 PM To: rrd-users
Subject: [rrd-users] Convert Windows rrd file to nix

> I am in the process of moving my MRTG/RRDTool system from a Windose 2K
> platform to a Fedora Core 2 system. I would like to migrate all my old
rrd
> data files but the new system complains about the logs being created
on a
> different platform.
> Is there a way to migrate rrd files from one platform to another?

Dump to xml on your windows platform (rrdtool dump), copy the xml files
to your linux platfrom and use 'rrdtool restore' to recreate the rrd
files from the xml files.

I had to do a conversion from solaris to linux using this same technique
for about 25,000 rrd files. With a little bit of simple scripting and
planning it was pretty painless.

--
Marc