[rrd-users] Base for AREA plots

Christopher Snell chris.snell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:47:28 MEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to do an AREA plot on a graph measuring temperature (in
Celcius).  Does anyone know how to make the AREA function fill from x
-> value, where x is < 0, instead of from 0 -> value?  I would like to
set my baseline at -20 and plot my AREA for any value about -20.   I
realize that AREA, when given a negative number, will draw from 0
downward to that number.  Instead, I want it to draw from a my
baseline number (-20) upwards.

Does anybody know how to do this with stock RRDtool or am I going to
have to write a patch?   :)

thanks,

Chris