[rrd-users] Re: Re[2]: Re: Base for AREA plots

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Oct 21 15:25:44 MEST 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 06:07:59PM +0500, Sergey Velikanov [UzPAK] wrote:

> >> "DEF:value=/root/test.rrd:temp:AVERAGE" \
> >> "CDEF:base0=value,value,-," \
> > What happens if "value" is NaN?  Is this the desired effect ?
>
> I only want that base0 = 0 . Are there difference when value = 4
> (forexample) and when value = NaN ? I did not see any undesired
> effect at http://vgray.uzpak.uz/test.png

I'm not 101% sure, but if I had to guess I'd say there is a difference.

4-4 == 0
Unknown-Unknown == Unknown.

__IF__ you want to get a zero in all conditions, and if I'm right,
then your CDEF is wrong.

> PS: base0=UNKN,POP,0 is better for this purpouse?

In that case: yes.

Alex
--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim