[rrd-users] Re: Odd Situation

Sunil Modi (IT) smodi at bordersgroupinc.com
Fri Oct 29 13:56:17 MEST 2004

> > I am currently collecting VMSTAT data and want to further
> > delve into the data.  What I want is to be able to go across
> > multiple rrd's and pick out values that are pertinent to what
> > I need.  What I need gets complicated.
>
> Hmm, this was left unanswered the last time and I guess it's
> Because it's hard to understand what you are trying to
> Achieve. Is this interpretation right:
>
> - you want to pick a percentage interval, say 20-30%
Correct!
> - you want to define an interval, say yesterday and you want
>   to count how many times a server had a cpu usage 20-30%
>   within that interval?
Maybe not yesterday, but as long as I can manipulate the time
> - and perhaps do the same for all servers and add the numbers
>   together?
yup.

> That wouldn't be too hard to program in perl.
>
> Serge.

Can I grab specific Data Sources (cpu_idl) from RRDs::fetch, or would I have to unload the RRD to a file and parse the file with a split or awk?  also how can I combine multiple servers and apply the perl script to all of them at once?

In the end I just want to be able to gauge a percentage of how much CPU % we are using and what our servers primarily sit at.

Thanks,
Sunil