[rrd-users] Re: a few graphs crazy with --alt-y-mrtg

Håkan Lindholm hakan at staff.spray.se
Wed Sep 1 18:23:56 MEST 2004

Pavel Ruzicka wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> I recently upgraded to rrdtool 1.0.49.
>> Using mrtg 2.9.17 as backend and my14all.cgi as frontend.
>> The upgrade made option --alt-y-mrtg available, so the other day I
>> enabled it in the my14all frontend. Everything seems OK, but a few
>> graphs show values between -2 and +6 (approx) instead of 0 to 100.
>> (These are CPU graphs.)
>
> I was problems with --alt-y-mrtg option in 1.0.46 and older.
> Y axis was moved down in some situations.
>
> There was changes in 1.0.47, which resolved this math bug.
> Maybe this change makes some other problem.
> You can try 1.0.46 version of RRDTool.

Thanks.

It works in 1.0.46.
1.0.4[789] are broken.

The problem is probably around these entries in CHANGES:

- 2004/01/11 -- Milan Obuch <milan.obuch at bluegrass.sk>
  improved mrtg alt scale
  improved ascii output spacing in rrdtool cli (port from FreeBSD)
  fixed error in month parsing in parsetime (port from FreeBSD)

= 1.0.46 2004/01/04 -- Tobi

Should I submit a bug report?

/H